Tuesday, October 17, 2006

MY ONE TRUE LOVE

Ladies and gentleman, please allow me to introduce...

Mr.Darcy
blog2
blog1

He's a '99 Honda Shadow 750 and he's the handsomest thing I've ever laid eyes upon. I met him last week (through the classifieds) and the moment we met, well...I just knew. He was the one for me. Incredibly good-looking. Large and powerful, but smooth. Utterly reliable. And just so. much. FUN!!!! What's not to love??

Together, we've toured the Parkway and enjoyed the incredible display of fall colors. We've enjoyed the winding curves and hills of backroads through the mountains. We've braved interstate travel, cold, wind and even a bit of rain together. He has lent a spark of joy to the running of tedious, routine errands.
I couldn't be happier with my new love. We just get along so well.

On sunny days he sits proudly in my driveway, for all to admire.

On cold or rainy nights, he sleeps in my living room (no garage here). Mr.Darcy is a perfect gentleman, of course (**BLUSH**)

I think his name speaks volumes, no?
:0)

I will have better pictures of him,later. I just couldn't wait any longer to introduce him!!!!

And to respond to Dy's remarks over at Melissa's blog, the camera gear fits nicely into the saddlebags and in my backpack.:0) I don't think I'll be roaring up to any Garden club meetings (tempting as that might be, LOL!!), but I may actually ride it to outdoor portait sessions with select clients--those whom I know it won't frighten, anyway!!

Actually, I'm thiinking of doing a really neat self-portrait of me and Mr Darcy and then using it as a marketing tool at local bike shops. People drop big bucks on their rides.What better way to forever capture and glorify their investment than with a really awesome portrait?? I'm thinking fine art with just a touch of bad-a**!! LOL!



8 comments:

melissa said...

I have quietly endured the cigars, the motorcycle craze, and countless other weird things from you over the years. BUT. I draw the line at naming that thing Mr. Darcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I draw the line I tell you!!!!!!!!!! It is just WRONG on so many levels. And here all this time..I thought that you UNDERSTOOD that book. (shaking head).....wrong.....just so wrong..

Bridget said...

I love the motorcycle, I think it's great. How's the dating scene going?
Bridget

Anonymous said...

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMMENT!! I left you a fairley long one this morning, but it's not there.

I think "Mr. Darcy" is very handsome too. Sounds like you two are getting along fine! The road trips sound fun. And now for a little motherly advice; you and "Mr. Darcy" BE CAREFUL!!! You know what a worry-wart I am!:o)

Love, Mom

Anniesue said...

He's a handsome fella!!! Can't wait to hear more about him as you get to know each other!

Dy said...

ROFLMBO. OK, first off, congrats on the license, and on the latest acquisition! Good pick.

I was going to agree w/ Melissa about the name, but then, I named Zorak's bike "The Mistress" (said with the same level of disdain which would be reserved for a human bearing the same title... *grin*). So, hey, I like him.

But you know, Colin Firth will always be my Mr. Darcy...

And this is where I sign off before I deteriorate into a girlish fit of giggles.

J-Lynn said...

Well he sounds much more fun than most of your dates you've met! ;-) He's definately a keeper!

He's beautiful and I hope you don't mind me casting a few long longing stares his direction every once in awhile.

I think the self-portrait is a great marketing idea!

Hugs,
Jess

PS. I bet you'd be a cool "big sister" now LOL

Thom said...

Thanks for all of the compliments on my handsome beau!! He IS a handsome chap,isin't he??


My naming of Mr. Darcy is my way of paying respectful homage to J Austen's much-beloved character. The author's Mr. Darcy is, in this single woman's humble opinion, the perfect man and the perfect mate.I have had absolutley zero luck in finding such a mate, in the real world. Therefore, I've decided that my bike will be my life-long partner. And so I ask you: who better to spend the rest of one's days with than Mr. Darcy?? It's the ultimate tribute to all that the character represents.

Of course, A&E's version of Mr. Darcy is the best representation (in human form) of the fine fellow I've ever come across. And, yes, I shall sigh and giggle every time I watch the movie. Dy is absolutley correct. Colin Firth will always be Mr Darcy.

ang said...

Mr darcy sounds like a great guy! I want one now. :) I can imagine how liberating it feels to just be out cruising by yourself, hair blowing in the wind. You know what you have a pretty neat life. :)