Friday, June 16, 2006

Time has been flying by since my last post. It's been a busy and productive few weeks.

My newest wedding assistant is GREAT! He's 17yo,very responsible and intelligent and has a natural eye for capturing good images. He wants to major in photojournalism, so the situation benefits us both---he gets experience and I get reliable help. Huge blessing, there! The new equipment is working out great, too.

My veggie garden is really flourishing. I was very concerned about the deer and rabbit infestation in the area, but I think the dogs' presence has kept them at bay, so far.

Funny story!! I took the dogs for our evening walk in the field and came upon several deer munching on Farmer Sammy's corn. I let the dogs off of their leashes to give chase. Elvis, as is his custom, runs his quarry to the edge of the woods and then marks his territory and trots back happily to my side. Hilda tears across the field, full steam ahead (as is her custom) yelping excitedly. She's very quick and was right on the heels of a big doe as they both plunged into the woods. A couple of seconds go by and there's a scuffling sound coming from the woods. Suddenly, out bursts Hilda from the treeline, running as fast as her legs will carry her, ears laid back, eyes huge, tail between her legs and right behind her is the big doe, actually CHASING her back into the field!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!! Dog and deer are headed on a beeline for me until Elvis caught sight of the doe and charged towards her. The deer, of course, fled back into the woods and the dogs bounded back to me. I thought I was going to wet myself from laughter. That is just not something you see everyday!! If I'd had a video camera I'd have a sure winner for AFV's $10,000 prize.

My 34th birthday has come and gone. Quite frankly, I feel old. However, the day itself was nice, if busy. I got to see Austin play ball and received several nice well-wishing phone calls and e-mails. A beautiful bouquet of flowers, a homemade b-day card and prime quality beef, all delivered to my doorstep.

About the beef. Two boxes of excellent burgers and a box of lobster stuffed filets. Did I mention that it's PRIME beef? I am SO excited about that. I can't decide whether to just dig in or save them for special occasions. What a lovely dilemma to have, eh? ;0)

The trim is down on my wood floors and they look great. One of my clients actually did it for me while his wife perused their newly created wedding album.Worked out GREAT!!

Alright, that's just all I have time for. I have more stuff to write about, but I'll have to catch up later.

Thanks for the b-day wish, Bridget!!!! And thanks for the compliment on my new sidebar photo, Dy!! :0)

8 comments:

Emily said...

OMG! Your dog was chased by a deer! TOO FUNNY!!

Glad your bday was a good one, even though quiet. And, don't you know that 30 is the new 20??? At least that is what I have been telling myself the last few weeks!

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the fam this weekend. Q is looking forward to some possible pool time with his Aunt Thom (wow that name looks weird in writing! LOL).

~Em

jon said...

We had a dog that was known for her fearlessness when other dogs passing on the road, were facing the other direction. She would bark and charge until the invading dog turned to see what the commotion was, at which point, fearless dog would tuck tail and run back to the porch.

Dy said...

We are SO just hitting our strides, my dear! Just picking up steam, trust me. ;-) Glad you had a happy birthday. For the beef? I think I would treat it the way I treat the Mint Milano cookies I get in my stocking at Christmas - MINE, ALL MINE! And they must be gone before anyone realizes what's in there! (Generally, I'm gracious and love to share food, but there are limits...)

I laughed aloud at the dogs and the deer. Good thing Elvis knows how this all works or you and Hilda might have been in for a wild time!

And I am so, SO glad for all that's good in your life - floor trim (ok, a bit envious on that end), a good assistant, and plenty of steady work! YAY!
Dy

Bridget said...

Congratulations on the new assistant, that sounds like it's going to work out well. I loved the dog/deer story, I sat here just laughing. I will be 38 in December, we are not old.
Bridget

melissa said...

30 is the new 20, right?
I had a great time over Fathers Day at the Beach house. It was so great to have everyone together.
Glad that you had a good birthday, and I am glad that the assistant is working out so well.

Emily said...

OK, I have heard tale of some really good pics from a certain camping trip! Where are they?? :)

Emily said...

Cute kids, camping, pictures...

J-Lynn said...

So glad to hear things are going so well! The chase story was great! Thank goodness for Elvis eh?

Mmmmmmmmm beef!