Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gosh, I'm busy

It's a good thing. I'm not complaining.

Every day has been filled to the brim with computer work and and printing and trimming and stuffing albums, etc. And then there are consultations and calls and emails and my Little Buddy to deal with, too.

Little Buddy Update:
I brought her a copy of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and she agreed to read at least the first chapter and we'll talk about it next week. I took my wedding albums in last week for her to look at and she definitley enjoyed the attention that it drew from the other kids. I guess that's something? She has also broguht up the fact that next year would be her last year to be eligible for the Buddy program. I can tell that it worries her to think about that. She's also mentioned that she would really like for me to take her skating or to Putt-Putt (no out of school contact is allowed in the Buddy program). It's making me consider the possibility of eventually becoming a full fledged Big Sister. It's just a thought, at this point. Gonna need some prayer on that one. It's a huge committment and I see things in this little girl that really worry me---bad attitude, unhealthy craving for attention (bad or good), poor social skills and a number of other things. I feel like I need to talk to a professional counsellor, myself, just to know how best to deal with her! Oh, well, I guess I'll just keep praying and keep showing up for our Buddy time, for now. I can't possibly make things any worse for her, anyway.

In Other News:
Little Hilda is recovering nicely from her operation--stitches come out on Monday.
There's a whopper of a snowstorm headed our way, here, for the weekend. I'm hoping to maybe get in a little sledding and take some purty pictures. We'll see.

I haven't even started on my floors, yet. I just can't find the time.UGH!!

12 comments:

Anniesue said...

He's that ruggedly handsome and comes with a farm and you aren't falling???? Well, you know your own heart. Glad to hear your updates!

Bridget said...

I agree with Lynette, it sounds like you have already fallen. He looks really nice, great pictures.
It's good to hear that you are so busy, busy is money.
Bridget

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're still out there in Blogger-Land. Also glad to know you are so busy.( Knew that already.)
Sounds like you are being appreciated by your Little Buddy. Maybe the book will be the thing that makes her open up to you. I hope so. It's a good thing you're doing.
Well, I compared Johnny Law's picture to the picture of "The Duke" on my dvd, "The Searchers", and, sure enough, there is a good resemblance. Pull that hat down just a tad more and--wa-lah--there he is--John Wayne!!!
And, as far as your floor goes, get The Duke to help you!!
Glad Hilda is doing fine. Hope Elvis is fine too. Be sure and give him a big pat for me.
Waiting anxiously for next week-end, because everyone will be here again.
Love, Mom

Dy said...

Well, it's about time! And pictures, too! Yay!

Hey, he's kinda cute... good job, Thom! Has he met the family yet, or is that next weekend? And I'm w/ your Mom, have him help you put the floor down! There ya go!

Glad your Little Buddy is starting to open up a bit. The boys and I are reading through the Chronicles of Narnia right now - we're having a blast. I hope she reads it, and enjoys it as much as so many other children (for generations!) have!

Dy

Emily said...

Yes!! The meeting od the whole family (minus Race :( ) is next weekend!! RIGHT?!?!
COME ON!! My life is so hum-drum, I need this! :D

~Em

jon said...

Hunting, fishing, hiking. . . Heck yes! Big sweet fella?. . . not so much. Just a personal preference.

melissa said...

Nice to finally put a face with the name! About next weekend.....

1. Is he a picky eater? (Of course, everyone knows that picky eating is only tolerated in the "under 7" group at mom and dads....)There is much praise for the robust appetite around the family table.

2. He must NOT, under ANY circumstances point out any of the flagrant law violations, (particularly vehicles) that he will encounter while visiting Mom and Dads. (We all ignore them, and so must he.)

3. Obviously he is staunchly conservative in his politics, or you wouldn't be dating him.

4. And I am assuming that since he is Johnny Law he can hold his liquor just fine.

Alrighty then, you cover those, and I do believe that you can be assured of a wonderful family visit......assuming of course you aren't gonna be all giggly, hangin' all over him.

;0)
See ya next weekend!

J-Lynn said...

There's nothing like putting down floor with a man that will test for marriage! ROFL

He's a good looking cowboy Thom! Does he know you blog?

I can't WAIT to read all the different takes I can after next weekend. Yeah, I have no life. ;-)

HUGS! You're doing great with your buddy btw...

Jess

Anonymous said...

What a great update! I agree with Jess, get that man to help you with those floors lol.

Sounds like you're doing great all around! Hope your buddy enjoys the book. Sounds like she's coming around a bit.

Sounds like you've already fallen - is he meeting the folks or something soon? That sounds like a big deal lol.

And color me jealous about the snow - hope it was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

See you Friday or Saturday? So glad everybody will be here again. Can hardly wait!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Should have said "almost everybody ".We'll be missing Race.
.
Love, Mom

Thom said...

Thanks for all of the compliments on my fella!! And, for the record, he HAS volunterred to help me with my floor project, but I doubt I'll wait for his schedule to let up, before I begin the project, myself.

Jess, yes, he knows I blog, but I've only read portions of it to him. I never know what kind of comments all you gals are going to leave, so I proof-read everything before sharing, LOL!!

And Melissa, concerning your 4 Points for a Pleasant Family Weekend? No worries, they're ALLLL covered!!